I just took the photos, and mixed the quotations with the most fitting photo. It was important for me, creating this in turkish language. Turkish is a different language, full with emotions. You cannot always translate it in german or english exactly.
My friend Kadir helped me a lot. My turkish is bad either but let’s work on it!
Istanbul is a place with many different minds and ideas, happiness, excitements, and who knows.. maybe also sadness, separations.. but also a place with my dearest friend! – Canan K. (Ethnologist)
Istanbul is a full crowded place, but deep inside it’s empty. – Yaprak Y. (Student)
So tasty, something you definitely must try out! I noticed that.. making raw food is easier for me. Why? I’m not so good when it’s about cooking. Sometimes my dishes are raw.. and sometimes I just burn the food. It’s a real disaster! But when it’s about raw food, you can’t make anything wrong – technically.
Making these truffles was so easy. Here is the recipe, for about 15-20 truffles,(it depends on the ball size) you need:
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup agave syrup
- 1 – 1 1/2 cup hazelnuts (blended)
- Blend the hazelnuts with your food processor
- Mix all the ingredients together, and then put your dough into the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- (Here it’s necessary using gloves) Just form some bite-sized balls with your hands, and lay them on a tray or big dish. You can add now, as a topping if you want, cacao powder, desiccated coconut or.. other nuts?
- Put them into the freezer again, for about 30 minutes.
- Eat them and.. enjoy!
In this post I want to talk with you about seasons fruits and winter vegetables. Today I was in the bazaar, shopping with my mom. We bought a lot of different types of vegetables, and at home we made a salad with our new ingredients as well. Sadly I don’t have a photo yet.
For example: tomatos and cucumbers are not in season – so we don’t need to eat them. They taste gross.. because their nutritions are also not fresh anymore. It’s better waiting for summer instead
When I need to eat something sweet, I prefer eating some delicious sweet ‘caramel’ like dates. They’re so tasty and even in winter fresh – as long as they’re sun-dried.
Benefits of dates:
Has nutritions like magnesium, potassium, iron, fiber, calcium, manganese, copper, amino acids, phosphorous as well as fats. Also vitamins A1, B1, B2, B3, B5
- Abdominal Cancer - Stops Night Blindness - Strengthen Tooth Enamel - Treat Anemia – Boost Energy - Maintain a healthy Nervous System - Cures Intoxication and Constipation - For Healthy Heart - (originally from Middle East, around Iraq and prehistoric Egypt)
What we also found: black carrots. They’re also delicious, and the colour amazing too! They give a nice colour in your green salad – they’re contrast fits perfect!
Benefits of black carrots:
contains anthocyanins, with antioxidant properties – investigation as anticancer compounds – free radical scavengers in living systems - inhibitors of LDL (the bad) cholesterol - has anti-bacterial and anti-fungicidal properties and oil made – can help control scalp itchiness and provides essential nutrients for hair growth – (originally from Turkey, and the Middle and Far East)